This includes the skin and hair which constitute the exterior grooming. Medically, Hair and Skin regeneration, toning and strengthening depend on the blood pH and the liver functions.
Functions of Skin
Skin acts as an organ of protection.
The primary function is to act as a Barrier from microbial impacts, temperature variations, micro organisms, chemicals etc.
- It acts as a reservoir for synthesis of Vitamin D
- It is an organ of sensation. Has extensive net work of nerve cells that detect and relay changes in the environment.
- It is the outer covering of the entire body and is of great cosmetic value.
The Diseases of skin includes;
- Allergic Rashes
- Seasonal disorders like Dry skin, Heat Boils, Itchy skin, Tanned skin
- Auto immune diseases like Psoriasis, purpura etc.
- Other conditions like Eczema, Scabies, Acne, Melasma, Vitiligo etc.
Functions of Hair
- The functions of Hair include protection, facilitation of evaporation of perspiration
- Hair, Hair colour and pattern is of cosmetic value and completes an individual’s appearance.
Diseases of Hair:
- Hair Fall,
- Brittle hair
- Premature greying of Hair
- Itchy scalp
- Scalp Psoriasis
The medicine used in disorders of hair and skin are: