Cardio Vascular System
Heart and its blood vessels (major and minor vessels including the capillaries, venules and arterioles) and the lymphatic system constitute the Cardio - Vascular System.
Function of Cardio Vascular System
- Rapid flow of blood throughout the body is produced by pressure created by the pumping action of the heart.
- Exchange of nutrients, oxygen and metabolic end products between blood and tissue of the body across - the blood vessels (capillaries) is done by the Cardio Vascular System.
- Arteries function as pressure reservoirs for maintaining blood flow to the Tissues. Veins serve as low - resistance conduits for venous return of blood from tissue for oxygenation. Lymphatic systems, checks infection and returns excess fluid filtered from blood vessels and tissues to the heart.
Disease of CVS
- Hypertension - increased Blood Pressure due to total peripheral resistance resulting from increased arteriolar constriction.
- Heart failure - this is decreased contractility of the left ventricular muscles leading to its failure to pump pure blood from the heart to parts of body.
- Atherosclerosis - this is narrowing and hardening of the arteries due to plaque buildup inside the arteries.
- CAD- Coronary Artery Disease is the most common type of Heart disease, wherein the cholesterol, plaque etc., deposited on the interiors of arteries prohibit proper blood supply to heart. CAD’s are the prime cause for Cardiac arrest.
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Increased Arterial blood pressure
- Cardiac neurosis
- Cerebro Vascular Accidents
- Cerebro Vascular Accidents (Stroke)
In general, VATHAPY, CARDIRAKSH, REF & DIUCAP capsules are used in all disorders concerned with the Cardio Vascular System.
- Anxiety and Stress Induced Hypertension