This Nostrils includes the airways that is the Trachea, two lungs and its cellular unit - Alveoli and the blood.
Respiration includes :
- Inspiration ( in take of air to the lungs ) and expiration (exhalation of impure air to the external ).
- By these above two, exchange of oxygen and carbon di - oxide take place between an organism and the external environment.
- Utilisation of the inhaled oxygen for metabolism in the cells.
- Respiratory system also helps in phonation or formation of speech.
- Defends against microbes AND traps and dissolves blood clots
FUNCTIONS OF RESPIRTORY SYSTEM
- Gaseous exchange (CO2 &O2)
- Oxygenation of blood
- Excretion of certain metabolic wastes
Diseases of the respiratory system:
- HYPOXIA : This is deficiency of oxygen at the tissue level.
- ASTHMA : Is caused by increased air way resistance due to:
- Contraction of air way smooth muscle
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases like chronic bronchitis, emphysema. These lead to destruction of alveoli and cause reduced oxygenation of blood.
- Common cold flu
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Cough and Cold
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorders)
BRONCAP AND BRONCOF SYRUP is the chief medicine in tackling all these disorders. CHYAVANCAP and RESPOCAP along with ABCAP act as adjuvant and toners and strengthen the Respiratory System even at the cellular level.
TOSKON acts as a daily supplement to ward off Respiratory troubles. Toskon is ideal for the paediatric as well as Geriatrics patients.