This system comprises of Kidneys and the Skin. Kidneys with their ureters and the urinary Bladder help in the formation of urine. Urine is one of the chief excretory products of our system.
Functions of Excretory System
- Regulation of water and inorganic - ion balance.
- Helps in removal of metabolic waste products from the blood and then excretion through urine.
Skin helps in removal of foreign chemicals from the blood to the exterior. It also helps in secretion of certain hormones
The Diseases of skin and hair includes;
- Allergic disorders of skin like rashes
- Seasonal disorders like dry skin, Heat Boils
- Auto immune diseases like Psoriasis.
Diseases of Excretory System :
Retention of unwanted metabolic products in the blood lead to acidosis and give rise to various skin disorders.
Diseases of other organ systems directly or indirectly effect the kidneys. Diseases pertaining to Kidney are Allergic infections, congenital defects, stones and tumours, renal malfunction and renal failure.